Food Logistics Forum to offer insights on F&B industry
The GCC is a major hub in the global food logistics’ market, currently importing 90% of its food exports with a market value that is forecast to increase to US$53.1 billion by 2020 according to the Economist Intelligence Unit.
The return of the region’s only Food Logistics Forum, on 17 and 18 November 2013 at the Dubai World Trade Centre will help address the critical issues shaping the future profitability of the entire food value chain. The conference runs alongside three of the region’s most highly regarded specialist food industry shows - SEAFEX, The Speciality Food Festival and Sweets & Snacks Middle East.
Trixie LohMirmand, Senior Vice President of DWTC, organiser of the Food Logistics Forum said: “Given the importance of Dubai to the logistics market, both regionally and globally, it is critical that we support knowledge exchange for this fast-paced industry. The Food Logistics Forum explores the very latest trends and innovations across the entire supply chain, and includes invaluable interactive business workshops for companies seeking to start operations, expand into new markets or even develop into global leaders.”
The two day forum will bring together global and regional logistics business leaders to address industry concerns participate in interactive workshops and discuss market growth opportunities. Discussion topics include: supply chains 2020, understanding ISO 22000, constructing the Gulf Halal scheme, GCC food standards, warehouse automation, cold chain logistics, GCC regulations, market growth and logistics outsourcing.
Commenting on the importance of the forum to the food logistic industry in the region, keynote speaker Dr. Hashim Saeed Al Nuaimi, Director of the Department of Consumer Protection, UAE Ministry of Economy said: “The role of food supply chains is critical in ensuring the stability of the UAE’s food sector. The Food Logistics Forum offers a great opportunity to analyze the current trends, challenges and solutions that impact the regional market and I look forward to participating in this valuable event.”
Bringing together captains of industry from the world’s leading food, beverage and logistics industry including Mondelez, Emirates SkyCargo, Logistics Executive Group and Emirates Transport, the event offers an unrivalled regional forum to share knowledge and best practise.
Confirmed speaker at the Food Logistics Forum, Eng. Mahmoood Al Bastaki, CEO, Dubai Trade said: “With the UAE affirming its position as a central hub for food imports - 22% of the UAE total imports and 20% of re – exports are food products - Dubai Trade are working relentlessly to accelerate cargo movement for food and perishables. The Food Logistics Forum provides an excellent platform for food exporters and importers to interact with all sectors of the food and beverage industry to discuss the latest trends and challenges facing the sector ensuring sustained market growth in this critical sector.”
Other confirmed speakers at the event include:
- Eng. Ahmed Ahmed. Al-Bashah, Senior Standards Specialist, GCC Standardization Organization (GSO)
- Mahmood Al Bastaki, CEO, Dubai Trade
- Prof. Ibrahim Al Mohizea, Consultant for Food Sector, Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA)
- Mohammad Al Kamali, Director - Export Markets Development, Dubai Exports
- Dr. Martin Slayne, Chief Food Safety Officer and Head of Global Scientific & Regulatory Affairs, Mondelēz International (formerly Kraft Foods)
- Claus Nickel, Cargo Product Development Manager, Emirates SkyCargo
- Alex Borg, Regional Director and Coordinator, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- Kim Winter, Global CEO, Logistics Executive Group
- Kendrick Tang, Key Account Manager, Etihad Rail
- Dr. Mustafa Bater, Director of Scientific and Regulatory Affairs, The Coca-Cola Company
- Samir Elias Andraos, Logistics Center Manager, Emirates Transport
- Andrew Lyon Gauldie, Food Safety & Consumer Protection Officer, Food & Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN)
- Alan R. White, Vice President - Ground Operations Middle East, National Air Cargo ME FZE
- Sanjeeve ST, Head of Warehousing, Al Madina Logistic Services Company S.A.O.C.
- Madhav Kurup, CEO, Hellmann Logistics