Abu Dhabi receives construction bids for new terminal
Abu Dhabi Airports Company (ADAC) has received six tenders for the construction of the new Midfield Terminal Building at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
The Midfield Terminal Building, scheduled to open in the first half of 2017, will be the home of Etihad Airways and the centrepiece of the airport's ongoing US $7 billion redevelopment.
Construction work should start in the second quarter of 2012, once the winning contractor has been selected.
Khalifa Al Mazrouei, chairman of ADAC, said: "ADAC’s commitment continues as it strives to sustain growth in passenger numbers by constantly planning major developments and improvements across the airports’ infrastructure, facilities and services.”
The 700,000-square-meter terminal building will be built to handle 27-30 million passengers per year when it opens.
The six pre-qualified contractors through joint ventures are:
- Al Habtoor – Murray & Roberts – Hochtief JV
- Bechtel – ENKA – Al Jaber Group JV
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd – Kumho Industrial Co – China State – Al Shafar JV
- Larsen Toubro – NPC-Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas) Ltd JV
- Samsung – ACC – Six Construct JV
- TAV – CCC – ATC JV